“What’s the most important quality to look for in a REALTOR®?”
What a great question! There are a lot of qualities you want in a real estate professional:
- A friendly, caring attitude.
- Strong sales, marketing, and negotiation skills.
- A track record of satisfied customers.
- An organized approach to taking care of all the details.
This list goes on and on. But if I were to choose one it would be this: Listening
A good REALTOR® really listens to the client’s concerns and desires, so that the entire selling/buying experience is less stressful, rewarding and goes as smooth as can be.
Here are some questions that you should ask:
- How long have you been practicing real estate?
- Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors®? (This question is asked because not all agents are Realtors®. We Realtors® a sworn to live by a code of ethics that is mandated in the state.)
- Are you familiar with any down payment assistance programs and how do they work?
- Do you have a list of lenders that offer these programs & how long does the process take?
- Do you have a good working relationship with lenders/loan officers?
- How would your previous customers rate their experience with you and do you have any testimonies that I can see?
- Do you have a list of home inspectors from which I can choose from?
- Have you had any recent sales?
- Are you familiar with new construction and do you have a relationship with site agents?
- Do you specialize in any areas or do you have any certifications?
Contact us for your personal consultation: